Saturday, June 6, 2009

Project Hogar del Niño

Hey faithful readers out there. Wow, been a while, eh? Not five months at least! Sorry for the lull...I can´t blame it on not having time to update because...well...I have had time. I just haven´t remembered. Please forgive me.

I haven´t much to say, other than Andrew and I are working on a project here for the kids, the Nuns, and everyone else in the San Salvador area. I am a photography major at BYU and am working on a photo project for the kids. I am attempting to take a portrait of every resident at the Hogar and make a book of photos of the kids to give to the Nuns, the administration that runs all of the fundraising for the Hogar, and a few others. We are also planning on making calendars, cards, buttons, etc to provide for the administration to sell at their monthly benefit concerts to help raise money. I am VERY excited about this project. I can´t say I really planned it out...it just kind of happened and Rachel has helped me with fundraising ideas.

Anyway, so I have my own personal blog where I have already started to upload my project pictures. If you´d like to see the pictures (along with small bios that I wrote up from my experience with the kids), just click here. That should take you right to the protraits. I hope you enjoy them, and spread the word about the project. If you, the reader, are interested in seeing the final product, give a shout out. I´ll make sure to post it here for you to check out (and maybe you can buy a copy!! We´ll see...).

Who are the readers out there anyway? Comment if you are (just do it) and spread the word about the blog! Let everyone know about these kids so they can see how awesome they are and how great this program is!

Until next update!

-0257
Just a taste of the portraits. Go check out the rest and get to know the kids!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm a reader...but I guess that's no surprise...

Kris said...

Same here.

Celia said...

Hello! I am a reader. I love seeing the pictures of the kids and how they have grown. I recently got married hence the last name change. Keep up the good work!

Mindy said...

I love, love, love all your portraits and descriptions! It has been four years since I have seen everyone at the Hogar and I can't believe how much everyone has grown, and yet they are still the same. I just love them! can't wait to see your final project!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...